Tuesday, January 31, 2012

I hope you liked the pictures from the Tiger's Nest hike. I was so tired all I could do was upload them. The hike was pretty demanding. My goal was to reach the cafeteria, which is halfway. I was able to reach it and met up with some others from our group. Three of us ended up taking horses the rest of the way up. I have never ridden a horse and it was so much fun! Everybody assumes that all Texans ride - I had to come halfway around the world to do it! Unfortunately, we arrived too late to go the rest of the way, but what an experience nonetheless.
Jan 31st - Today Vicki, Ian, and Scott from the 2011 BCF class joined us to talk about their experiences and answer our questions. Yea! They were very funny and informative. Then this evening we divided into two groups and half went to the BCF office for a cooking lesson and half stayed at Dragons Roots for a language lesson. I was in the cooking group. We had a nice evening out and the food was excellent.

Probably, the most important lesson I have learned (or am in the process of learning) so far is that no one can tell you exactly what to expect because everyone's experiences are different. Patience, Grasshopper! Keep your prayers and good wishes coming.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment